From Coach JP,
Don’t forget the first day of the 100 day Burpee challenge!
Starting on 1 February and running 100 days to 11 May come join the 100 Day Burpee Challenge. What is the challenge? Glad you asked. Each participating athlete will conduct 1 burpee a day adding 1 burpee for each day of the challenge for a 100 days. That means you will do 1 burpee on day 1, 2 on day 2, 47 burpees on day 47, all the way up to 100 burpees on day 100.
What are the rules beyond doing all those burpees?
1) You can do the burpees anytime of the day, not just in class
2) You can break up the burpees into as many sets as you need
3) If burpees are in the warm-up or the WoD, they count towards your daily goal, even if they are burpee pull-ups or burpee box jumps… Anything with a burpee in it
4) If you miss a day, no problem, just do the missed days first, then do the current days to catch up
Why subject yourself to this? That is why it is call a challenge. To
accomplish a difficult task set before you with your TacFit brothers
and sisters. Oh and we are going to celebrate at the TacFit Wide BBQ on 11 May!
You got a tip? Sure, this is a marathon, not a sprint. You will be
doing 5050 burpees over the next 100 days. That is a lot.
– If you are NOT in a WoD environment, then slow and steady. Break up the days requirement, take your time and use excellent form.
– Your shoulders will get some wear and tear so take the time and
place your hands on the deck. Sure you could shave a few seconds off your time by just dropping to the deck, but come day 63, you will regret it. See the first note!
– If your knees bother you consider a wider thrust vs. feet together
If you got your own tip, feel free to chime in!