Straight from your CF Journal Study Guide
• Stance = shoulder width or slightly wider/ Weight in heels/Back arched/lumbar curve locked in/Shoulders over the ball/ Ball on the floor between the legs with clearance for the arms/Arms straight, palms on outside of the ball; fingertips pointing down
• Accelerate through the heels from the ground to full extension of the hips and legs/Shrug, with straight arms/Hip retreats; land in a full front squat, with the elbows beneath the ball/Stand to full extension with ball in the rack position to/complete the movement/Return to setup
Here’s the progression we’ll go through
1. Deadlift (focus on good setup)
2. Deadlift Shrug (focus on fast extension and shrug with no arm bend)
3. Front Squat (focus on depth of the catch)
4. Shrug and Drop Under (focus on shrug and beating the ball down, catching low and tight)
5. Full Medicine Ball Clean
The coaches will go into technique before class, as well as go over scale options such as walking your legs back instead of dropping down. Well also touch on how the pushup down does not have to be strict. You can actually use it as a mini break as long as you catch your body safely. For extra research, take some time and look up some good videos on certain websites like mobility WOD or CrossFit HQ.
Medball Cleans (20/14)
Box Jumps (24/20)
So 10 Burpees, 10 Medball Cleans, 10 Box jumps, 9 Burpees, 9 Medball Cleans, 9 Box Jumps, ect….
Take a good 5-10min to stretch the hips and legs
Video Courtesy of Reebok CrossFit. I dare you to watch this and not want to do a WOD! Get some!